Sunday, September 2, 2012

Art in Every day Items



The pen & ink drawing above is an example of my love of the art found in every day items.  A stray pattern piece has been repurposed as the canvas for this drawing of a spool.   I've recently listed some sewing-themed gifts because crafty people are often hard to buy for--afterall they're so creative we know they could just make stuff themselves and its a little intimidating!

The functional lines and messages in a pattern are art in of themselves.  I can often tell the maker of a pattern just by the typography used.  And anyone that sews knows that sometimes we spend a lot of time decoding patterns, like a treasure map. 

I want to encourage you to find art around you this week in the every day things of life--are there any that could actually be made into art?   Are you brave enough to try?  I'd love to hear what you've done!

Remember, you don't have to have a degree in the arts to be crafty or artistic.  Experiment, and experiment some more!  Give yourself permission to try (and flop)  at something.  With each  experiment, and all of my flops, I learn something new.  It makes me better at my art.  

Find the art all around you in every day items.  Experiement with materials you love.  And have a wonderfully crafty day!

Blessings,
Susan
www.etsy.com/shop/Pinoodles
pinoodlemail@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment